Starting again?
So after a couple of months of absence here, I come crawling back, hopeful I'll start this blog again. For now, I'll keep my expectations low and just share what has happened between my last post and now.Since I last posted, I've managed to find a job! Hurrah! I'm still doing the same job, as I'm lucky enough to have been asked to stay after my initial contract. I do however, only have 2 weeks left with this current job.
Because hey, I'm moving to Japan (again)!
Sometime last year, I applied to be an English teaching assistant in Japan, and passed the interview. I accepted the offer, and expected to leave around August. But my placement was postponed until 2017 so I had to find a temporary job before then. It's worked out pretty well for me, since I was able to find my current job, save up and actually learn some new skills
It also means I was not sleeping in all day, and constantly baking. Instead I find myself sleeping in the trains, and buying myself cake. How my life has changed.
Despite applying from around May 2016 for this Japan job, it took a long time for me to actually find out when I need to go. But I've now bought my tickets and I'm off in less than a month's time. There's still no definite location of where I'm gonna be, but I've been told I'll be working with the Sendai branch, so it's back to the north for me. I did specifically say I wanted a placement that's not in Hokkaido so I can live in a different part of Japan. I guess I'm working my way down, and at some point I'll get to live in Okinawa. (Which does not sound bad, since I liked Okinawa when I went there -- take me back to those yummy Okinawa soba goodness)
So those are the two big things that happened since I've graduated -- job and a new job abroad. While I'm pretty excited to be going to Japan again, it is a little overwhelming to think I have little preparation this time, and a whole different responsibility and purpose. It will also be back to living on my own, living off my own money, and living somewhere new where I don't know anyone.
(To end this, here's an apt song from one of my favourite films last year)
Here's to what I hope will be a worthwhile year ahead!